The following is one of many posts in our long series of resources and information for veterans and military personnel.
Veterans Benefits---There are four major veteran benefit programs
- Disability Compensation: 1.800.827.1000
- Veteran Pension Programs: Same # as above
- VA Medical Care: In addition to general health care, there are programs for Blindness Rehabilitation, Agent Orange Exposure, Alcohol/Drug Dependency Programs + Counseling, Gulf War Syndrome, Radiation Exposure and HIV/AIDS Programs. Contact Military.com for specific contact information.
- Education Programs: There are several GI Bill programs to choose from including Tutorial Assistance Programs, Work Study Programs, On-The-Job Training Programs, and more.
Careers And Jobs:
- Hire Heroes at http://hireheroesusa.org/
- Vet Jobs at http://www.vetjobs.com/
- Wounded Warrior Project at http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
- Military to Civilian at http://www.militarytocivilian.com/
- All VA centers provide PTSD assistance.
- Vet Centers: Call 877.927.8387 for locations throughout the country.
- Military One Source: 1.800.273.8255
- Community Mental Health Centers.
- Employee Assistance Programs
Resources For Homeless Veterans:
- VA National Center on Homelessness: 1.877.424.3838
- Vet Crisis Line: 1.800.272.8255, Press #1
- American Legion: 1.800.433.3318
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1.800.8255
Other Unique Resources:
- Fisher House: http://fisherhouse.org/
- Semper Fi Fund: http://semperfifund.org/
- The Gary Sinise Foundation: http://wwwgarysinisefoundation.org/
- American Legion's Family Support Network: 1.800.504.4098
- Military Rape Crisis Center: 1.617.4795
- Warrior and Family Assistance Center: 1.800.436.6290
- Tragedy Assistance Programs For Survivors (TAPS): 1.800.959.8277